While working on yet another separate blog post, I needed to insert images in the post. I knew from rmarkdown syntax that I can use: ![image name](path to file), but then I didn’t know where the image files need to be.
It turns out I can have the image files under the static/ directory, everything under which will be copied to public directory.
Moreover, static/ directory can also be used to build Rmd documents (e.g., pdf and HTML5), and I decided to try generating an HTML5 slide using xaringan package. It took some trial-and-error but eventually I got it working and here’s the slide!
(Next, maybe I should consider breaking out posts and slides.)